Zarda Pulao is a luscious sweet saffron rice specially made during the Eid festivals. It’s the perfect dish to cook quickly, ready for a celebration!
Preparation Time:30 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
225g Kohinoor Extra Fine Basmati Rice
50g clarified butter
30g cashew nuts
15g pistachio nuts
A pinch of saffron
- Wash, soak and drain rice
- Heat half the clarified butter and fry the rice
- Add one and half times the quantity of water and let it cook
- When ¾ is cooked, add the sugar and the remaining clarified butter, cream and saffron soaked in little milk, then cover tightly
- Keep in the oven or with a live coal on the lid
- Fry the nuts and add them to the rice
- Serve garnished with edible silver paper
Customise your pulao by adding mawa or coconut to suit your own taste!