If you love spicy Indian food, this lamb madras is the perfect recipe for you. Pairing the rich sauce with fresh coconut rice creates a balanced taste sensation.
600g diced lamb
1 packet Kohinoor Madras Cooking Sauce
2 chopped dried chillis
1 tsp mustard seeds
Chopped coriander for garnish
200g Kohinoor Extra Flavour basmati rice
4 tsp desiccated coconut
1 tsp oil
300ml boiling water
100ml coconut milk
- Wash and soak the basmati rice in lukewarm water for 30 minutes before cooking
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds
- When the seeds crackle, add the dried chilli and lamb. Sautee until the lamb is browned
- Add the Kohinoor Madras Cooking Sauce and simmer until the rice is ready.
- Heat the oil and butter in a thick bottomed pan and add the desiccated coconut. Sautee until the coconut is lightly toasted
- Drain the rice and add to the pan with salt, boiling water, and coconut milk.
- Cook on a medium heat until all the water is absorbed and holes form on the surface of the rice
- Place a kitchen towel on the rice and cover with a lid and reduce the heat to very low and allow the rice to steam for 6 minutes
- Separate the rice with a fork to make it fluffy
- Serve the madras and coconut rice together with fresh coriander