Curd Rice is a South Indian dish that combines rice, yoghurt, and aromatic spices that have been beautifully tempered! It’s simply delicious and refreshing, and is definitely a great idea to use rice.
200g Kohinoor Gold Basmati Rice
1 large cup water
10 curry leaves
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp crushed garlic
2 dried chillies
2 tbsp oil
- Rinse the rice and soak for 30 minutes.
- After soaking, add to a sauce pan and add the water. The water height should be 1 digit higher than the rice.
- Put the saucepan on high heat and when it starts to boil, turn the heat to low and put a lid on. Steam for 12 minutes.
- Once steamed, take a fork and crush the rice grains slightly.
- Allow the rice to cool in a bowl.
- Whisk together the yoghurt and milk with salt and add the yoghurt mixture to the rice and mix well.
- In a frying pan, add the oil on a very high heat.
- When hot, add the mustard seeds until they start to pop.
- Add the ginger, garlic, curry leaves, and chillies.
- When you can smell the spices and the curry leaves are crispy, add to the rice mixture and fold in.
- Leave the rice to completely cool and serve with tasty chutneys.
Kohinoor Gold Basmati Rice
Each pack of Kohinoor Gold Basmati Rice contains specially selected longer grains that have been nurtured by the snow-fed waters of the Himalayas